Polden and Feltham
|Shoeing horses in Polden and Feltham's yard during World War 1
Clement Polden and William James Cockrell Feltham, who were brothers-in-law, started their carpentry
and wheelwrighting business in Chitterne in 1878. Their yard was on the Tilshead Road, flanked
by Pitts House one side and Flint Cottage and Chitterne Farm the other.
Almost 100 years later, in 1972, the business closed. Alban and Owen
Polden were the last to run it. Their former premises are now a private
house, called Flint House.
Back to History
Back to Chitterne People