There is a memorial stone on the Old Baptist Chapel in Bidden Lane dated 4 November 1903. It marks the start of the rebuilding of a large part of the chapel after a fire destroyed it in April 1903. The old chapel schoolroom of stone and brick survived, but the rest was rebuilt by member's donations and reopened just twelve months after the fire on 9 April 1904.
Frank Maidment was preacher there for many years. (See Frank Maidment link on the Chitterne People page)
When the Chitterne Chapel finally closed the pulpit and furniture went to another chapel in Martin.
The chapel is now a private house.